Should I stay or should I go now?
You make this so hard.
God, you (are but) aren't helping (as I'm writing this.)
I know you're going to see him, I hope you tell me.
This is so hard because I care about you, a lot, in such a short period of time.
And you aren't even sure of who you are.
Which begs the question, how can I care for someone who doesn't know who they are?
I'm not sure, but I do know that I do care. And I know that you can be the .woman of
God that you're trying to be.
Maybe that's what makes this so hard on me is that I know what you're working to
And I know it's going to take time. And I know that everything you felt for me at one
Point has the equal and greater chance of vanishing just like all the rest.
Lord, I wasn't lying tonight, I don't want to hurt again.
I did this to myself but I really don't want to listen to the Rancid song where they say
"Good morning heartache, you're like an old friend, come to see me again,"
And relate.
But Lord if you want me to be patient, I'll be patient. I'll not ask for another w0rd.
I just wish I could shut up long enough to hear you speak...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment